Important Pre and Post Waxing Care Tips to Get Best Results
Before and after waxing care procedure in the right way is very important to any prevent discomfort. In this article, we are sharing with you some of the tips that will educate you about the right waxing care tips to achieve best results.
Why it is important to perform pre and post waxing care steps?
Waxing is the procedure to remove unwanted and excess hair from different parts of the body from its root level. To perform this procedure, it is important to first prepare the skin. The right pre-waxing procedure is vital for efficient accomplishment of the procedure. To get best results from this procedure, you must perform effective post waxing technique.
Do’s and don’ts before performing waxing
- Don’t shower atleast 2 hours before waxing. This is because shower opens up the pores on the skin and it can make it prone to infection. https://www.waxcenter.com/co-lakewood is one of the best unisex beauty clinics that offer the best waxing treatment.
- If your skin has abrasions then do not wax that area until your skin is fully recovered.
- If you have recently performed Botox procedure on a specific body part, then don’t wax that area for a minimum of 72 hours.
- If you are suffering from diabetes, varicose veins, or any form of skin irritation, then avoid waxing the area till you visit your doctor and get expert approval from them.
- Perform a patch test on the skin to find out if you feel any discomfort on application of waxing paste. You must do it when you are consuming oral contraceptives, pregnant, on any antibiotics course.
Dos and don’ts after waxing
- After you perform waxing, you need to apply powder on the skin. In this way, you will see that the wax starts to stick to your hair in place of your skin. This, in turn, helps in minimizing redness of the skin.
- Waxing is a procedure to uproot hair. This is why you need to soothe your skin after completion of the process. One of the ways to do it is to apply a cooling aloe-based gel. This will help in soothing inflamed skin.
- If you have waxed your eyebrows, then soothe that area using chilled tea bags.
- Applying mineral makeup after a wax session to effectively cover your freshly waxed region without getting harsh on the skin like a concealer and foundation.
- If even after performing these aftercare measures, your skin is painful, or bleeding for prolonged time periods, then you must visit a doctor quickly.
Fix waxing appointments on the same date every month. Ensure that you exfoliate the skin between two visits. On following this regime, you will start to notice that this process becomes less painful. Don’t let your hair to become longer as waxing will be more painful.
Waxing is definitely one of the best ways to remove body hair. However, to make the experience less painful you need to follow certain things. Implementing all the above mentioned tips can ensure silky soft waxing experience.