The Best Baked Potato Recipe
This Baked potato recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal. A perfect baked potato will have crispy skin on the outside, but soft and fluffy inside. It’s easier than you think. Use our foolproof method to bake potatoes. Then, load it with your favorite toppings.
Baked Potato Recipe
A perfect baked potato is the best. It’s crispy, salty, and fluffy. Oven-baked potatoes are versatile. You can add any toppings to make them even more delicious. You don’t have to wait to eat at a restaurant for a great baked potato. This baked potato in-oven method will ensure that you get a perfectly baked potato every time.
What You’ll Need?
Oven-baked potatoes are crisp on the outside, but soft and fluffy inside. For the perfect side dish, add your favorite toppings. Let’s take a closer look at what you will need.
Russet potatoes: You’ll need 4 large potatoes.
Olive oil: Olive oil helps the salt stick to potatoes and is lighter than butter.
Kosher salt: To add flavor and texture to the potato skins.
Toppings: All your favorite baked potato toppings. You can use butter, sour cream, or bacon bits to top your baked potatoes.
How To Bake A Potato?
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Set aside a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Wash the potatoes in cold water, and then dry them. A dry skin ensures crispy skin when you cook the potatoes.
- Use a fork to pierce every potato. Only the skin should be shot.
- Spread the potatoes onto the baking sheet. Brush generously with olive oils.
- Salt all sides of the potato
- Bake potatoes for one hour or until a toothpick or knife slips in easily. They should be crisp on the outside and tender inside.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven. With a sharp knife, remove the potato’s top. Use a fork to mash the potato’s insides and add your favorite toppings.
How Long To Bake A Potato?
Are you wondering how long it takes to bake a 400-pound potato? Bake the potatoes for approximately one hour or until a toothpick or knife slips in. The potatoes should be crisp on the outside, but soft and tender inside. Start checking your potatoes at 45 minutes if you have smaller potatoes. Large potatoes may take as long as 1 hour and 20 minutes. Continue checking the potatoes every 10 minutes until they are finished.
Which Potato Type Makes The Best Baked Potato?
Our answer is always russet potatoes. You can make baked potatoes with any potato, but russet potatoes will create the perfect baked potato with the fluffy interior you love from your favorite steakhouse.
If you don’t have Russets or prefer another potato, the cooking method will be modified.
You can store leftover baked potatoes in an airtight container for up to four days in the refrigerator.
Warm the potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes at 400F. The potatoes can also be reheated in the microwave, but the skin will also not be crisp. Wrap the potatoes in a damp towel and heat to warm through.